My Favorite Stress Relief Tips
Posted by Courtney Carmichael at 12/23/2014
Stress is prevalent in the winter months, whether it is based in holiday craziness, winter blues, midterm exams, or pending state tests, dealing with it is an art form. Here are some of my tips for reducing stress:
1. Organization – check off the to-do list, straighten your personal space, go through a pile of papers – these menial tasks create a sense of accomplishment and breathing room from the clutter of day-to-day activities.
2. Think something positive about yourself – it’s simple mathematics as the positive counteracts the negative.
3. Fit in the leisure – spend a little time each day doing something you really enjoy. But balance is key as to avoid procrastination.
4. Breathe – take a few deep breaths. Oxygen is good for the brain and body and helps promote needed calm.
5. Smile and laugh – the adage ‘fake it until you make it’ is important. Even if you don’t feel like it, trick your body and mind into happier moments.
6. Exercise – this is key to promoting a more stress free lifestyle. Endorphins are so important to mood, health and having fun.