Parent ResourcesState/County Resources
Parent Support Groups
- Bergen County Special Services Resource Center- CAPE CENTER - Resources for families and students in Bergen County.
- Bergen's Promise- The designated Care Management Organization (CMO) for Bergen County serving youth ages 5 -21, with serious behavioral health challenges, substance abuse issues and developmental disabilities.
- NJ Children's System of Care/PerformCare- When a child is facing challenges to their functioning and well being PerformCare helps families access the right services.
- Family Support Organization of Bergen County- Provides direct family-to family peer support, education, advocacy, and other supports for children with emotional and/or behavioral challenges.
- New Jersey State Department of Education- Special Education
- Parental Rights in Special Education- English Spanish Korean
- CHADD- Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- ASPEN- Provides families and individuals whose lives are affected by Autism Spectrum Disorders and Nonverbal Learning Disabilities with education, support and advocacy.
- SPAN- Statewide Parent Advocacy Network- An independent 501 (c) 3 organization committed to empowering families as advocates and partners improving education and health outcomes for infants, toddlers, children, and youth.
- Advocates for Children of New Jersey- Works with local, state and federal leaders to identify and implement changes that will benefit New Jersey's children.